Thursday night pizza pizzaz



On Thursday nights, the things and I have pizza and movie night.  I'm not working, and they are usually tired from a week of school/play.  I won't lie and say that every Thursday I make the pizza, because I don't, and won't.  But this Thursday is special, its Christmas Eve Eve, so naturally I am bringing out the big guns.  Its a super simple whole wheat crust with whatever tickles your fancy as toppers.  For me its roasted veggie, and for the things its fresh mozzarella and black olives.  The movie has yet to be chosen, but I don't really care what we watch... I'm only here for the pizza.



What you need: (for the crust)


  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 packet active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 hot water (not too hot, you will kill the yeast)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil



Mix together dry ingredients, i do this directly in my stand mixer with the dough hook.  Add oil to water and add slowly to flour mixture.  If dough is too sticky add, a tablespoon of flour, or add more water if dough is stiff.  Once dough is the right consistency, knead for a few minutes.  Place dough in a bowl that has been sprayed with oil, cover and put aside for 20-30 min.  Punch down dough, and roll it out (should be about a 13 inch circle...or a wonky oval in my case)

The rest is really up to you.  I took the time while the dough was rising to slice some yellow squash, zuchinni and eggplant.  I coated them with some olive oil, sea salt, and pepper then roasted in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.  I topped my pizza with the roasted veggies, sliced calamata olives, roasted red peppers, sliced baby bella mushrooms and fresh mozzarella.  And yes, I ate 3/4 of the pizza...all by myself...and I don't feel at all guilty.  Happy pizza making!




Comments

  1. Thanks Vincent, I signed up and added my site. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts