Raw Oatmeal

I apologize for the crappy picture, good camera is in the shop!





I know, I know...the idea of eating foods that require special prep or are not typical everyday meals sounds daunting.  But really, adopting a vegetarian, vegan, raw or macrobiotic lifestyle is really no more work than frying eggs for breakfast or making a stir fry for dinner.  All it takes is patients.  Its not easy changing years worth of mental programming.  Believe me, I had more moments of weakness and lost self control at the beginning of this journey than I care to admit.  Food was life, and I wanted life to taste good.
I was living in a dream.  Everything I put in my mouth had an affect on not only my own body and life, but the lives of my children, who were adapting my eating habits, my immediate environment, we were creating tons of waste and the planet as a whole.  I don't expect that everyone will wake up one morning and have an epiphany, most people don't, but I do hope that people, whether it be for personal, ethical or environmental reasons will take a good look at what they are using to fuel their lives.  
And as far as how life tastes now... lets just say that I'm Dorothy...I've stepped out of the black and white world of Kansas (meat) and into the multi-colored world of Oz (vegan) and will never click my heels to go back.  


What you need:

  • 2/3 cup raw oats or oat groats
  • 1/2 cup raw almond milk (or any raw milk you like)
  • 2 tablespoons agave nectar
  • 1 apple cut up ( i used fuji)
  • 1/4 cup golden flax seeds ( i can easily find flax seed meal, so I used that)
  • a few dashes of cinnamon

What you do:

Throw it all in a food processor and blitz until well chopped up.  You can change ingredients, add more or less milk depending on taste....really its all about you! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts