OHMYGODRICEPUDDING!!!!




The title reflects my exact emotion when I was standing in the rice and pasta isle at the grocery store today.  Its one of the many vegan desserts that taste better than its conventional counterparts...and major bonus, its lower in fat..hooray for skinny jeans! ( I really don't know why I wrote skinny jeans, I pretty much wear standard mom issue sweat pants or shorts....maybe because "Hooray for baggy sweatpants!" doesn't paint the same picture.)
Anyway, I digress.  Its like almost embarrassingly easy to make, and if you're like me, you can totally rationalize eating it for breakfast.


What you need:



  • 3/4 cup jasmine rice
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 cups almond milk (or other nondairy milk)
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup agave nectar, if using agave, remember to scale back the milk a tad to compensate for the water content in the nectar)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of nutmeg

What you do:



In a large saucepan, bring salted water and rice to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is fluffy.
Add the almond milk and sugar to the rice and increase heat to medium. Stirring frequently, cook for 30–40 minutes until the mixture is thick and creamy.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Pour into 7–8 ramekins (or coffee cups, because come on, why would I have ramekins...really?) and cover with plastic wrap if you don’t like pudding skin. 





Button

Comments

  1. It looks delicious! I love desserts that you can eat as breakfast! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts